Join our Team
Australian Industry Standards (AIS) is a government-funded, not-for-profit organisation working with industry leaders to ensure Training Packages are contemporary, future-focused and aligned with industry needs across a range of Australian industries including Transport and Logistics, Aviation, Maritime, Energy, Water and Utilities, Public Safety, Police, Fire, Defence and Correction Sectors.
AIS has a workforce of more than 40 professionals working across Australia including Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane. We support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. Working with a diverse portfolio of industries, we offer an inclusive environment. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
At AIS we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. Our professional team comprises a varied range of cultures and languages across more than 15 countries. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, Indigenous people and other minority groups. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life including flexible working options.
Join our team today!
Business Intelligence Analyst
Are you a seasoned data scientist/ business intelligence specialist with a consulting mindset seeking a new opportunity?
Do you have a passion for finding patterns and painting a picture with data where others have not been able to?
Are you interested in building an analytics capability to deliver high value actionable insights to industry supporting the future of work?
Our not-for-profit organisation has an open opportunity for the right person to come and make a difference in leading our Data Analytics team. This will put your skills and inquisitive nature along with your keen eye for detail to work uncovering key trends that will influence workforce development and the Australian economy in the Vocational Education and Training sector
This role supports the delivery of data analytics and business intelligence services across the AIS business by applying known and identifying new datasets and developing insights and visualisations.
You would be responsible for leading and providing services supporting:
- Maintaining and adding to our data architecture
- Designing and building visualisations/insights on industry workforce needs
- Supporting workforce development solutions and development of career pathways, occupational standards and training and assessment standards.
- Providing data analysis and intelligence to contribute to the development of high-quality training products, and supporting the delivery of outstanding service to the industries we represent
- reporting on workforce and training data across a wide range of industries, assisting with the creation of industry/sectoral infographics and visualisations per industry – Industry Outlooks and Forecasts or similar
- collating a variety of datasets in support of project proposals, informing decision making related to project scope.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, no longer than 500 words, addressing the key accountabilities, qualifications and attributes, and a CV to [email protected]