1 February 2018
The UEE Transition Electronics and Computers TAC has finalised the draft Training Package materials for this sub project.
The draft materials will undergo an independent editorial and quality assurance process. Final drafts will be available for viewing after the finalisation of all sub-projects, including the review of 43 critical Units of Competency. This additional work, which was approved by the AISC, started on 30 January 2018. For details see the UEE Electrical TAC.
If you have any questions please contact Industry Manager – Jason Lazar via email Jason.Lazar@australianindustrystandards.org.au
7 December 2017
Draft Material Available for Feedback
The UEE Electronics and Computers Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) met on Thursday, 23 November 2017 and agreed to send draft qualifications and Units of Competency out for public consultation.
To view the drafts, please click on the links below:
Units of Competency – Part one | Part two
Please submit your feedback here by close of business Wednesday, 3 January 2018.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact Industry Manager, Jason Lazar on 0417 903 566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 October 2017
On Wednesday, 4 October 2017, the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package Electronics and Computers TAC met and commenced the transition 30 qualifications and 136 associated Units of Competency to the Standards for Training Packages 2012.
Key actions of this meeting included the following:
- Examples of updated draft Units of Competency were presented to the TAC
- Validation of all draft Units of Competency and relevant qualifications is to commence
The next TAC meeting is to be Thursday, 23 November 2017.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact Industry Manager Jason Lazar on 0417 903 566 or at email@example.com.
1 August 2017
The Electrotechnology Industry Reference Committee (IRC) in coordination with Australian Industry Standards (AIS) is currently undertaking the next stage of the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package Transition Project.
The Electronics and Computers Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) is being established to validate the relevant Training Package products for the electrotechnology industry.
If you would like to participate as an Electronics and Computers TAC member or have any questions about this project, please contact Industry Manager Jason Lazar on 0417 903 566 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday, 15 August 2017.
This project will transition the following Training Package products to the Standards for Training Packages 2012:
- Certificate I in ElectroComms Skills
- Certificate II in Antennae Equipment
- Certificate II in Computer Assembly and Repair
- Certificate II in Data and Voice Communications
- Certificate II in Electronic Assembly
- Certificate II in Electronics
- Certificate II in Fire Alarms Servicing
- Certificate II in Security Assembly and Set-up
- Certificate III in Business Equipment
- Certificate III in Computer Systems Equipment
- Certificate III in Custom Electronics Installations
- Certificate III in Data and Voice Communications
- Certificate III in Electronics and Communications
- Certificate III in Fire Protection Control
- Certificate III in Gaming Electronics
- Certificate III in Rail – Communications and Networks
- Certificate III in Security Equipment
- Certificate IV in Computer Systems
- Certificate IV in Electrical – Data and Voice Communications
- Certificate IV in Electrical – Fire Protection Control Systems
- Certificate IV in Electronics and Communications
- Certificate IV in Rail – Communications and Network Systems
- Certificate IV in Video and Audio Systems
- Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering
- Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Diploma of Research and Development
- Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology – Electronics
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology – Computer Systems
- 136 associated units of competency
It is intended that this project will commence at the end of September 2017 and is scheduled to be completed by late 2017 or early 2018.
For more information on the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package Transition Project click here.