AIS is supporting our IRCs in a range of activities approved by the AISC. Current IRC projects underway include:
Fatigue Management: Working with the Transport and Logistics IRC and industry stakeholders, this project will be see the development of three new units of competency to meet the accreditation requirements of the NHVR. Job roles covered by these units will include drivers, schedulers, supervisors, managers and business owners. Find out more.
Battery Storage Systems: Working with the Electrotechnology IRC and industry stakeholders, this project was commissioned by the AISC and will be responsible for the development of two new Units of Competency. Find out more.
Working with our IRCs, AIS is supporting the development of the following Business Case submissions.
- Provide advice on requirements to update the Maritime Training Package to streamline seafarer Certification
Public Safety IRC:
- Defence Training Package updates in line with Defence professionalisation requirements
- Police Training Package updates in line with Police professionalisation requirements
- Public Safety Training Package update to three existing Bio-Security qualifications
Transport and Logistics IRC:
- Update of the Certificate II in Road Transport Operations qualification
- Development of a new Transport and Logistics Scheduling qualification
- Update of the Diploma of Water Industry Operations qualification
The Business Case development process will include stakeholder consultation and opportunities for feedback. If you would like to receive updates about the IRCs’ activity, you can subscribe here.