15 January 2019
The TAC has completed development work on the draft materials, which will now go through an independent edit and quality assurance review.
The project is expected to be submitted to the AISC for approval in April 2019 and final drafts will be made available then.
15 November 2018
Draft Material Available
The TAC has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback.
To view the drafts, click below: (feedback has now closed).
Please submit your feedback by close of business Thursday, 29 November 2018.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
13 December 2017
The first RPAS TAC meeting incorporated an overview of the project scope and deliverables.
Draft materials will be available for feedback early 2018.
19 September 2017
The Aviation Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and industry stakeholders are currently undertaking the review and development of the AVI Aviation Training Package. This project will focus on updating one and developing two new qualifications, and revising and developing 46 native Units of Competency. The project will consist of four TACs – Remote Pilot, Aviation Technical, Chief Remote Pilot, and Remote Pilot Training.
The Aviation IRC is currently seeking committee members for the different TACs below:
- AVI30316 Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight)
- Remote Pilot Aircraft System (RPAS Skill Sets)
- AVI401XX Certificate IV in Aviation (Maintenance Controller)
Chief Remote Pilot
- AVI501XX Diploma of Aviation (Chief Remote Pilot)
Remote Pilot Training
- Industry input and feedback from Flight Training Organisations and Registered Training Organisations with RPAS training and assessment experience
Nominations for the TACs are to include a summary of skills and experience in operating within an RPAS operational environment. Individuals and enterprises with expertise in operating RPAS in the following environments are encouraged to nominate;
- Beyond Visual Line of Sight (B-VLOS)
- Emergency services and public safety operations
- Survey and imagery operations
- Infrastructure and facility inspections
Industry stakeholders who have previously provided details through the expressions of interest process do not need to reapply.
If you would like to participate as a Remote Pilot Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) member or have any questions about this project, please contact the Industry Manager by COB Friday, 6 October 2017.