3 March 2020
DRAFT MATERIAL AVAILABLE
Defence has finalised a review of draft Training Package materials for this project and would like your feedback on the following qualification and seven Units of Competency:
- DEF53415Y Diploma of Institutional and Operational Chaplaincy
- DEFCHP001Y Provide pastoral care
- DEFCHP002Y Provide ethical and pastoral advice
- DEFCHP003Y Plan the delivery of chaplaincy support
- DEFCHP004Y Conduct and facilitate religious observances and activities
- DEFCHP005Y Perform as an effective member of the Chaplains’ branch
- DEFCHP006Y Perform the duties of a chaplain in a deployed environment
- DEFGEN003Y Lead a team
To view draft material, click below:
Units of Competency
Please submit your feedback by close of business by Tuesday, 31 March 2020.
Submit your feedback
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
31 January 2020
A focus group comprised of Defence personnel and industry experts is continuing review and development work for this project.
25 July 2019
DEFENCE PROJECT COMMENCEMENT
Work on the Defence Chaplaincy project has commenced.
The Public Safety IRC is currently working with the Department of Defence to revise existing qualifications in the DEF Defence Training Package.
As this material is sensitive in nature, initial requests for access to draft DEF Defence Training Package products is by written application only via email to the Industry Manager.
For more information about this project please contact the Industry Manager.
Review and development of Defence Training Package components relating to Chaplaincy will be undertaken as part of ongoing capability reviews across the Australian Defence Force. Wider industry practices and Defence legislative requirements will also be addressed during this process. Where imported elective Units of Competency are identified as either deleted or superseded, the IRC may also elect to update the affected Defence qualification(s) through this review.
The expected submission of the Case for Endorsement will be submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) by 30 October 2020.
View IRC Skills Forecast
The Public Safety IRC will have oversight of this project, which will be facilitated by Australian Industry Standards (AIS) in consultation with industry stakeholders. A Defence focus group will be formed to provide the subject matter expertise for this project.
Regular updates will be posted on this page throughout the life of the project.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact the Industry Manager.
One qualification to be reviewed
- DEF53415 Diploma of Institutional and Operational Chaplaincy
One existing Skill Set to be reviewed:
- DEFSS00012 Defence Chaplain Skill Set
Seven existing Units of Competency to be reviewed:
- DEFCHP001 Provide pastoral care
- DEFCHP002 Provide ethical and pastoral advice
- DEFCHP003 Plan the delivery of chaplaincy support
- DEFCHP004 Conduct and facilitate religious observances and activities
- DEFCHP005 Perform as an effective member of the Chaplains’ branch
- DEFCHP006 Perform the duties of a chaplain in a deployed environment
- DEFGEN003 Lead a team