25 July 2019
DEFENCE PROJECT COMMENCEMENT
Work on the Defence Range Control project has commenced.
The Public Safety IRC is currently working with the Department of Defence to revise existing qualifications in the DEF Defence Training Package.
As this material is sensitive in nature, initial requests for access to draft DEF Defence Training Package products is by written application only via email to the Industry Manager.
For more information about this project please contact the Industry Manager.
Review and development of Defence Training Package components relating to Range Control will be undertaken as part of ongoing capability reviews across the Australian Defence Force. Wider industry practices and Defence legislative requirements will also be addressed during this process. Where imported elective Units of Competency are identified as either deleted or superseded, the IRC may also elect to update the affected Defence qualification(s) through this review.
The expected submission of the Case for Endorsement will be submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) by 30 October 2020.
View IRC Skills Forecast
The Public Safety IRC will have oversight of this project, which will be facilitated by Australian Industry Standards (AIS) in consultation with industry stakeholders. A Defence focus group will be formed to provide the subject matter expertise for this project.
Regular updates will be posted on this page throughout the life of the project.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact the Industry Manager.
One qualification to be reviewed:
- DEF45115 Certificate IV in Range Control
Nine existing Units of Competency to be reviewed:
- DEFGEN008 Treat risk within Defence at an operational level
- DEFGEN010 Supervise equity and diversity in the workplace
- DEFGEN011 Interpret policy, legislation and regulations
- DEFRNG001 Provide technical advice on ranges and training areas
- DEFRNG002 Develop and maintain range standing orders
- DEFRNG003 Approve training area and range activities
- DEFRNG004 Monitor and control training area and range activities
- DEFRNG007 Conduct training area inspections
- DEFRNG009 Supervise contractors