3 March 2020
DRAFT MATERIAL AVAILABLE
Defence has finalised a review of draft Training Package materials for this project and would like your feedback on the following Units of Competency:
- DEFCMM001Y Maintain security in a Defence communications and information systems environment
- DEFCMM004Y Conduct operator level maintenance in a Defence environment
- DEFCMM005Y Transmit and receive messages via voice systems
- DEFGEN001Y Work in a team
- DEFGEN002Y Work independently
- DEFSEN001Y Operate a radar system
The following qualification will be deleted:
- DEF33115Y Certificate III in Sensor Operations
The following Units of Competency will be deleted:
- DEFSEN002Y Operate a sonar system
- DEFSEN003Y Operate a torpedo fire control system
- DEFSEN004Y Operate an electronic support suite
- DEFSEN005Y Operate decoy systems
- DEFSEN006Y Optimise and monitor sensor display
- DEFSEN007Y Provide general support to combat systems operations
- DEFSEN008Y Support the compilation of the tactical picture
To view draft material, click below:Qualification Units of Competency
Please submit your feedback by close of business by Tuesday, 31 March 2020.Submit your feedback
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
31 January 2020
A focus group comprised of Defence personnel and industry experts is continuing review and development work for this project.
25 July 2019
DEFENCE PROJECT COMMENCEMENT
Work on the Defence Sensor Operations project has commenced.
The Public Safety IRC is currently working with the Department of Defence to revise existing qualifications in the DEF Defence Training Package.
As this material is sensitive in nature, initial requests for access to draft DEF Defence Training Package products is by written application only via email to the Industry Manager.
For more information about this project please contact the Industry Manager.