4 September 2020
Final draft Case for Endorsement (Release 4.0)
The draft Training Package materials have undergone independent edit and quality assurance, and can be accessed via the Defence Skills project page.
15 June 2020
The Defence focus groups have finalised draft materials for this project.
Feedback on draft materials closed on Wednesday, 1 July 2020 for consideration by the TAC.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
11 May 2020
The following qualifications are available for review:
- DEF43215 Certificate IV in Simulator Maintenance
- DEF53215 Diploma of Simulator Maintenance Management
The following Units of Competency, including three new units are available for review:
Units of Competency:
- DEFGEN005 Develop relationships with other organisations
- DEFGEN007 Conduct risk assessment in a Defence environment
- DEFSIM001 Fault find and repair simulator power distribution and control systems
- DEFSIM002 Fault find and repair simulator computer systems and peripheral hardware
- DEFSIM003 Fault find and repair simulator image generator and visual display systems
- DEFSIM004 Fault find and repair simulator control loading systems
- DEFSIM005 Fault find and repair simulator sound systems
- DEFSIM006 Fault find and repair simulator weapons systems
- DEFSIM007 Conduct simulator performance evaluation
- DEFSIM008 Work effectively with simulator systems
- DEFSIM009 Operate the simulator for testing purposes
- DEFSIM010 Fault find and repair simulator motion loading systems
- DEFSIM011 Apply knowledge of simulator systems and architecture
- DEFSIM012 Manage simulator accreditation or in service testing
Feedback on draft materials closed on Friday, 5 June 2020 for consideration by the TAC.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next focus group meeting.
31 January 2020
A focus group comprised of Defence personnel and industry experts is continuing review and development work for this project.
25 July 2019
DEFENCE PROJECT COMMENCEMENT
Work on the Defence Simulator Maintenance project has commenced.
The Public Safety IRC is currently working with the Department of Defence to revise existing qualifications in the DEF Defence Training Package.
As this material is sensitive in nature, initial requests for access to draft DEF Defence Training Package products is by written application only via email to the Industry Manager.
For more information about this project please contact the Industry Manager.