15 June 2020
The Defence focus groups have finalised draft materials for this project.
Feedback on draft materials closed on Wednesday, 1 July 2020 for consideration by the TAC.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
11 May 2020
The following qualification has been identified for deletion from the DEF Defence Training Package:
- DEF43315 Certificate IV in Work Health Safety
The following Skills Sets including three new Skill Sets are available for review:
- DEFSS00014 Enter Confined Space Skill Set
- DEFSS999991Y Laser Safety Officer Skill Set
- DEFSS999992Y Ionising Radiation Safety Officer Skill Set
- DEFSS999993Y Radiofrequency Radiation Safety Officer Skill Set
The following Units of Competency are available for review:
- DEFGEN012 Provide technical advice
- DEFWHS001 Identify and monitor radiation hazards
- DEFWHS002 Develop noise management plans
- DEFWHS003 Apply radio frequency radiation safety procedures
- DEFWHS005 Apply ionising radiation safety procedures
- DEFWHS007 Work safely with lasers
- DEFWHS008 Apply laser safety procedures
- DEFWHS010 Identify confined space
- DEFWHS011 Enter confined space
- DEFWHS012 Test confined space environment
- DEFWHS013 Control entry to confined spaces
- DEFWHS014 Monitor and report on hazardous substances safety
The following Units of Competency been identified for deletion from the DEF Defence Training Package:
- DEFWHS015 Conduct a work health and safety audit
- DEFWHS016 Conduct work health and safety inspections
- DEFWHS017 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation
Feedback on draft materials closed on Friday, 5 June 2020 for consideration by the TAC.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next focus group meeting.
31 January 2020
A focus group comprised of Defence personnel and industry experts is continuing review and development work for this project.
25 July 2019
DEFENCE PROJECT COMMENCEMENT
Work on the Defence Work Health and Safety project has commenced.
The Public Safety IRC is currently working with the Department of Defence to revise existing qualifications in the DEF Defence Training Package.
As this material is sensitive in nature, initial requests for access to draft DEF Defence Training Package products is by written application only via email to the Industry Manager.
For more information about this project please contact the Industry Manager.