3 March 2020
The TAC has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback on the following Units of Competency:
- DEFLAW008Y Conduct a Defence administrative inquiry
- DEFLAW013Y Conduct basic fact finding
The following Units of Competency will be deleted:
- DEFLAW001Y Provide advice on service discipline law
- DEFLAW002Y Perform the duties of a unit discipline officer
- DEFLAW003Y Provide advice on service administrative law
- DEFLAW004Y Conduct an arrest
- DEFLAW005Y Conduct a unit level investigation and prefer charges
- DEFLAW006Y Conduct summary authority proceedings
- DEFLAW009Y Make a Defence administrative decision
- DEFLAW010Y Perform the duties of an appointing officer
- DEFLAW011Y Perform the duties of a defending officer at service tribunals
- DEFLAW012Y Perform the duties of a prosecuting officer at service tribunals
- DEFLAW115Y Apply service discipline law
Feedback on draft materials closed on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 for consideration by the TAC.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
24 February 2020
A focus group comprised of Defence personnel and industry experts is continuing review and development work for this project.
13 September 2019
Defence have finalised an internal capability review regarding Military Justice skills. A tri-service working group (Air Force, Army and Navy) will be established to form a TAC in the coming months, with submission to the AISC of the final draft materials now likely to be extended to October 2020.
7 March 2019
A working group is being established to form a TAC in Mar-Apr this year, with the review being undertaken in May/early June.
24 August 2018
The Public Safety IRC is currently working with the Department of Defence to revise existing Units of Competency in the DEF Defence Training Package.
As this material is sensitive in nature, initial requests for access to draft DEF Defence Training Package products is by written application only via email to Industry Manager Greg Spence.