DEF Test and Evaluations
This project is to ensure that the Training Package standards continue to align with recent Defence Test and Evaluation Capability Life Cycle processes at Defence. This will require that the two qualifications in the Defence Training Package are reviewed (Certificate IV and Diploma in Test and Evaluation) including eight Units of Competency that have not been reviewed since 2017.
Defence Chief Capability Development Group and the Defence Director General Test & Evaluation (T&E) has identified that whilst T&E takes place in the physical world (use of model and simulation has been around for many years to design defence equipment) it is becoming increasingly challenging and can be very expensive – depending on what is being tested. Modern defence programmes use increasingly sophisticated digital models and simulations. For example, a digital twin is a virtual model of a process, product, or service, built alongside the actual item, and the digital thread is ultimately paired with the physical equivalent.
The Public Safety Industry Reference Committee (IRC) will have oversight of this project, which will be facilitated by Australian Industry Standards (AIS) in consultation with industry stakeholders. A Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) will be formed to provide subject matter expertise for the development of Training Package materials.
If you have any questions about this project or are a subject matter expert and would like to be considered for the TAC for this project, please contact the Industry Skills Manager.
The Case for Endorsement and draft materials are due to be submitted by 30 June 2022.
The full list of products included in this project:
- DEF40517Y Certificate IV in Test and Evaluation
- DEF50117Y Diploma of Test and Evaluation
Qualification maintenance update:
- DEF40420Y Certificate IV in Explosive Ordnance Proof and Experimental
- DEF50220Y Diploma of Explosive Ordnance Proof and Experimental
- DEF80220Y Graduate Certificate in Explosives
Units of Competency
- DEFTST001Y Plan testing and evaluation processes
- DEFTST002Y Prepare testing and evaluation processes
- DEFTST003Y Conduct testing processes
- DEFTST004Y Evaluate testing
- DEFTST005Y Produce test and evaluation reports
- DEFTST006Y Analyse test data
- DEFTST007Y Apply knowledge of test and evaluation processes
- DEFGEN005Y Develop relationships with other organisations
10 SEPTEMBER 2021
The Public Safety Industry Reference Committee has established a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for this project.
Comprising three subject matter experts with Test and Evaluation experience, the TAC has been tasked with:
- Providing specialist industry subject-matter knowledge in the review of two qualifications in the Defence Training Package (Certificate IV and Diploma in Test and Evaluation) to ensure that the Training Package standards continue to align with recent Defence Test and Evaluation Capability Life Cycle processes at Defence.
- Validating the technical content of the Training Package products
- Identifying relevant qualitative and quantitative data sources to inform the development of draft materials
- Reviewing feedback from stakeholders through public consultations
- Assisting in identifying and engaging broader industry networks to participate in consultation and/or validation activities during the duration of the project
- Offering advice and guidance to assist in informing the direction of the project throughout its duration
- Making recommendations on the developed Training Package materials to the relevant IRC, which has the final decision-making authority.
The first meeting of the TAC is scheduled for later in September.
Technical advisory committee
7 JULY 2021
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS NEEDED
Work on this project has commenced and the Public Safety Industry Reference Committee (IRC) is forming a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).
Your industry expertise and insight is welcome to help review and develop Training Package materials to ensure that the Training Package standards continue to align with recent Defence Test and Evaluation Capability Life Cycle processes at Defence. This will require that the two qualifications in the Defence Training Package are reviewed (Certificate IV and Diploma in Test and Evaluation) including eight Units of Competency that have not been reviewed since 2017.
A background in the Defence force, ICT electronics or unit / product testing would be beneficial.
Registrations closed Wednesday, 21 July 2021.
Industry Skills Manager - Aviation, Corrections, Defence and Public Safety