27 August 2019
Draft Materials Available
The TAC has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback.
To view the drafts, click below:
Units of Competency
Please submit your feedback by close of business Wednesday, 18 September 2019.
Submit your feedback
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
12 March 2019
These Units of Competency are being reviewed in consultation with MAR Maritime Training Package Phase 3.
The TAC is currently working through this revision. Drafts are expected to be available for public consultation in June 2019.
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has commissioned the review of the MAR Maritime Training Package. The project covers the revision of seven Units of Competency to ensure currency of leadership and management skills for seafarers.
The seven Units of Competency being reviewed are:
- MARG002 Manage a small crew
- MARG006 Manage a vessel and its crew
- MARG003 Manage an engine room and small engineering team
- MARD001 Manage business and administration on vessels limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
- MARD003 Manage legal requirements of a vessel
- MARM001 Apply knowledge of safety management system legal framework in the workplace
- MARF022 Apply maritime resource management principles
The expected submission of the Case for Endorsement will be submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) by 31 March 2020.
View the 2018 IRC Skills Forecast
The Maritime Industry Reference Committee (IRC) will have oversight of this project, which will be facilitated by Australian Industry Standards (AIS) in consultation with industry stakeholders. A Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) will be formed.
Regular updates will be posted on this page.
If you have any questions, or are a subject matter expert and would like to be considered for the TAC, please contact the Industry Manager.