1 July 2020
The Technical Advisory Committee has finalised draft materials for this project.
Feedback on draft materials closed on Tuesday, 28 July 2020 for consideration by the TAC.
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.
28 October 2019
INDUSTRY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS NEEDED
Work on this project has commenced and the Public Safety Industry Reference Committee is forming a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).
Your industry expertise and insight are welcome to help revise and update two qualifications, twenty-six Units of Competency and four Skill Sets aimed at addressing the need for greater integration of emergency services within the community prior to, during and after emergency response situations.
To register your interest in becoming a TAC member, please provide your details via the form below, by close of business Wednesday, 13 November 2019. Registrations have now closed.
For more information about this project please contact the Industry Manager.
The traditional roles of emergency service responders are evolving rapidly, particularly as their work extends into fire and emergency prevention, preparedness, incident response and recovery. This demands new and different skills and capabilities in emergency management.
The Public Safety IRC proposed this project to update two qualifications and 26 Units of Competency associated with emergency management to reflect new work practices such as community engagement activities the emergency management sector utilises to build community resilience.
The project will address changing regulatory and industry skills requirements to meet jurisdictional and community expectations during an operational response.
View IRC Skills Forecast
- Diploma in Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- Advanced Diploma in Public Safety (Emergency Management).
The Public Safety IRC will have oversight of this project, which will be facilitated by Australian Industry Standards (AIS) in consultation with industry stakeholders. A Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) will be formed for this project.
The IRC will undertake broad consultations with public safety stakeholders throughout the project’s duration. Additional consultation and engagement will be undertaken on the IRCs behalf with State Training Authorities and other key industry stakeholders, including seeking public feedback and input into development of material.
Regular updates will be posted on this page throughout the life of the project.
If you have any questions about this project, or are a subject matter expert and would like to be considered for the TAC for this project, please contact the Industry Manager.
Two community safety qualifications
- PUA50119 Diploma in Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- PUA60119 Advanced Diploma in Public Safety (Emergency Management)
Twenty Six Units of Competency
- PUACOM007 Liaise with other organisations
- PUACOM008 Develop and organise public safety awareness programs
- PUACOM009 Manage media requirements at major incident
- PUAEMR008 Contribute to an emergency risk management process
- PUAEMR009 Facilitate emergency risk assessment
- PUAEMR012 Determine treatment options
- PUAEMR014 Deliver recovery services
- PUAEMR015 Establish and manage a recovery centre
- PUAEMR016 Facilitate community involvement in recovery
- PUAEMR017 Manage recovery functions and services
- PUAEMR018 Work in an emergency management context
- PUAEMR021 Facilitate emergency planning processes
- PUAEMR030 Manage and evaluate emergency management exercises
- PUAEMR031 Design emergency management exercises
- PUALAW004 Represent the organisation in a judicial or quasi-judicial setting
- PUAMAN001 Manage the organisation’s public safety responsibilities
- PUAMAN003 Manage human resources
- PUAMAN005 Manage projects
- PUAMAN007 Manage financial resources
- PUAMAN008 Manage physical resources
- PUAOHS004 Establish and maintain the occupational health and safety system
- PUAOPE016 Manage a multi-team sector
- PUAOPE017 Coordinate resources for a multi-agency incident
- PUAOPE019 Control a Level 3 incident
- PUAOPE024 Manage operations for a Level 3 incident
- PUAPRO001 Promote a learning environment in the workplace