The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has commissioned the transition of all PUA12 Public Safety Training Package components to the Standards for Training Packages 2012. The Public Safety Industry Reference Committee (IRC) will have oversight of this project which will be facilitated by Australian Industry Standards in consultation with industry stakeholders. The project covers the transition, review and development of all Public Safety qualifications, Skill Sets and Units of Competency.
Regular Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) project updates will be posted on this page throughout the life of the project.
State Emergency Service Technical Advisory Committee
The Public Safety State Emergency Service TAC will operate under the oversight of the Public Safety IRC, and will undertake the review and validation of Training Package products related to the State Emergency Service. The TACs will also provide input into the Public Safety Cross-Sector units of competency. Project work is expected to be undertaken from September 2017 through to no later than March 2018.
Consultation and Feedback
The Public Safety Industry Reference Committee will request feedback on all products validated by the TAC in the coming months from industry stakeholders. All proposed Public Safety Training Package products for the sector will be available from this project page.
All requests for information on this project are to be sent to:
16 July 2018
DRAFT MATERIAL AVAILABLE
The TAC has finalised draft materials for this project and would like your feedback. Please submit your feedback by close of business Friday, 24 August 2018. (Links have now been removed)
The draft Training Package materials have been aligned to the Standards for Training Packages 2012. Key changes to Units of Competency include:
- Unit codes no longer have an alpha-numeric version identifier
- Units of Competency now include separate Assessment Requirements
- Employability Skills have been deleted from all Units of Competency
- Required Skills is now Performance Evidence
- Required Knowledge is now Knowledge Evidence
- Range Statement is now Range of Conditions. In many Units of Competency, this may have been moved to Performance and Knowledge Evidence, Assessment Requirements or will be preserved in the Companion Volume Implementation Guide
- Context and specific resources for assessment is now within Assessment Conditions
- Method of assessment is now within Assessment Conditions
- Relationship to other units has been deleted
- All Units of Competency and Assessment Requirements include a Link to the Training Package Companion Volume Implementation Guides
Click below to download the drafts and submit your feedback via the online survey. (Links removed 27 August 2018)
Feedback will be collated and discussed at the next TAC meeting.